As Wales has gone into lockdown for 17 days I have escaped to the boat to start working on the electrics. I spent all day today stripping the instruments and releasing cables from hundreds of cable ties to identify and remove unused cables and try to figure out where the cables go.
I have decided to replace the entire nav station back panel with a new board hinged at the bottom and further forward than the original. That way I can access the wiring behind if needed and the instruments will be more visible as I will be mounting them directly on the panel. I have plenty of headlining cloth so will cover the new board with that.
Its been strong winds and rain all day today, the wind speed is about 20 knots according to the instruments but I have seen the occasion gust up to 30.